8.10.2010

A Special Day

Today is my birthday. I am now 54 years old. Yippee!

I love my birthday. It is the one day out of the year when I allow myself to feel special without feeling guilty. Today I will be watching Sunny. This evening Katie is having all of us over for my birthday dinner. I am so looking forward to tonight. All of the kids except JD & Janel will be there. (They're at Disney World celebrating my birthday, isn't that nice of them! Wish I was there, ha ha)

This morning when I awoke, I stopped to analyze (as I do every year on my birthday) whether I feel older. I don't. I'm hovering at feeling about 35 years old. Getting older doesn't bother me yet. I hope it never does. I truly view each year as a gift and as an accomplishment.

In other news on this special day: today is the average last 100 degree day in Phoenix. Of course, average means nothing. It's supposed to be 110 - 112 this whole week. Oh well, at least the average high temp clicked down to 105 yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday a day late! Hope your day was amazing and your birthday dinner extra special. Hope I view 54 with the joy and love that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I missed your birthday! Happy belated birthday Vicki!! I hope your day was great! The kids are all healthy now so I'd love to get together with you and Sunny. Just let me know when.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.