12.28.2009

It's the Most Awkward Time of the Year...

The week between Christmas and New Year's is awkward in my opinion. Oh, there's plenty to do: take down the tree, put away all of the gifts, store the gift wrap, eat all the left over goodies, but, I always feel kind of at loose ends.

I've finally settled on a plan for these in-between days. I update the birthdays in my new calendars, start a list of x-stitch projects for the next year, and, the newest task, make a list of 20 Wishes.

I read a book "Twenty Wishes" by Debbie Macomber a few years ago. She writes women's fiction and I really enjoy her books. The point of the book is to write down 20 wishes, not goals, not deadlines, but things you wish you could do. Then you go about accomplishing them. I've started my list for 2010 with take a knitting class, learn Photo Shop, attend a Spring Training Baseball game, and attend a Diamondbacks game. As you fulfill each wish you cross it off your list. Some people take pictures of themselves fulfilling the wish and scrapbook it. I don't know if I'll do that or not.

Changing the subject... Jessica and Adam left to go back to Ohio today. It was very hard to see her go. The good news is that I'll see her again in about six weeks. She's flying out for the VNSA Book Sale here in February. More about that event in the weeks ahead.

JD & Janel will leave on Wed. morning. Here's a few more Christmas pics...

Talking on the phone to Grammy!

Reaching for the next gift...

Duke's all dolled up for Christmas

1 comment:

  1. A couple comments to make....
    #1 that's just what I was starting to write about...you know what they say about great minds

    #2 REALLY??? You already have a christmas count down!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.