12.07.2009

Convicted

I've been a Christian since I was eight years old. I've done many, many, many hours of quiet time. Sometimes, when I read passages there's a little voice in the back of my head that whispers, "do you know how many times you've read this?!" Other times, there's this incredulous voice in the back of my head that says, "do you know how many times you've read this, why didn't you get it until today?!" This is one of those days. As I read this passage, I kept thinking, "oh, this would be a good verse for my daily verse, no, this one's even better." I couldn't decide, so I'm including the whole passage. I really needed this today. I hope it will speak to you, too.

Romans 12:6-21
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh!!!
    Thank you. I'm going to post this on my blog b/c it says everything that I need to hear daily and everything I aspire to be everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.