12.10.2009

Happy Birthday, Kelly!

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. She is married to my brother, Mark. Kelly is two years younger than me, so if you know my age you can calculate hers!



I've known Kelly for many years. When my brother was in the Air Force, before they got married, Kelly & I used to sit in my apartment in Overland Park, KS, sip Jack Daniels Green Label, and share confidences. She is the protector of some of my secrets and I of hers.

She is the only "sister" I've ever known. We are very different from each other, but we mesh where it counts. She loves my brother, character flaws and all, and has not tried to make him over into something he is not. She has also stayed true to who she is.

She has been there for me over the years through good and bad. She is my friend.

Happy Birthday, Kelly... I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.