12.16.2009

The Right Perspective

I'm proud to be a "Flybaby". That's what the readers of Marla Cilley aka Flylady are called. Her website changed my life about five years ago. She has practical, doable advice for keeping your home clean and organized. Today I got an email titled "Perfectionism and Perspective". It was right on and I thought I'd share a few of the tidbits here. I don't know about you, but it's very easy for me to lose my perspective! I've been guilty of some of the examples listed below, but, each year I try to not aim for perfection.

  • If you are going to stay up too late at night, not getting enough sleep just so you can re-arrange the dried holly berries and leaves for your centerpiece - you might have lost perspective
  • If you are spending time and money that you can't afford on the cutest cookies ever - you might have lost perspective
  • If you are not letting your children participate in the decorating for the holidays because they don't do it "right" - you might have lost perspective
  • If you are yelling at your kids because you have lost your patience for the very last time over spilled sprinkles for the cookies - you might have lost perspective
  • If you have gone behind your family and have re-done the Holiday decorations because they weren't what YOU wanted them to be - you might have lost perspective
  • If you have spent a hundred dollars on Holiday magazines that will show you the perfect table setting, recipes, and gifts for this year -you might have lost perspective
  • If you are rolling your eyes and sighing at your husband because he just won't help you do anything (because you haven't actually told him what you need) - you might have lost perspective
Makes you think, doesn't it?!

1 comment:

  1. what if you told him you want the lights on the house and he didn't do it, then who has lost perspective. If you say it's me just don't answer! LOL

    Chris is chiming in...
    first it was his birthday
    then thanksgiving
    then 2 blizards
    I don't see his point, I'm sure there were plenty of nice days that he could have called in sick to work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.