11.05.2011

A Timely Reminder

I came across this passage in the Bible the other day. I think maybe I posted about this a year or so ago. Whenever I read it I'm reminded of how I should be living. In fact, if I were living my life according to these principles, I'm sure I'd have less stress, less strife, more peace. Less fear, more confidence. Less disappointment, more joy. Since I can't possibly improve upon what these verses say, I'll just let them speak for themselves.

Romans 12:9-21 Love in Action
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.  Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.  Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary:
   “If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
   if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine if everyone did this what our world would be? I think about who Jesus spent time with. It wasn't the upper class for sure. I try to live this. It is a struggle sometimes.

    Thank you for your sweet thoughts and prayers dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.