So, today Jessica and I ran a few errands together. We stopped at Ross (nothing I couldn't live without there), Barnes & Noble (cross another person off my Christmas shopping list), Target (got a stocking stuffer for Gabe), and then headed off to Michaels. On the way Jessica remarked that she wanted to look for a Nativity at Michaels. I told her I hadn't seen Nativities there for years. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.
We get to Michaels and start looking around. A young sales associate walked past and I asked "Do you have nativities?" SA: "What?". Me: "Are you selling Nativities?" SA: "I don't know what that is." Me: "A Manger Set". Jessica: "You know, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph". SA: "Do you mean this?" (pointing to Christmas Village pieces). Me: "No, never mind". (Lady in aisle behind us is laughing).
We wander off and in a few minutes the Manager approaches us. Mgr: "Can I help you find something?" Me: (warily) "Do you sell Nativities?" Mgr: "Yes! We have them this year after not selling them for several years. Please tell your friends. If they come buy them then maybe we can sell them again next year!" As we're looking at the nativities, I relayed to him quietly our experience with the SA. He commented that "maybe she's not Catholic" (I wanted to say, well neither am I). I explained that I don't think she should be reprimanded, but it might be a good idea to show her what a nativity/manger scene looks like. He agreed.
Oh yeah. We each purchased a nativity set just so maybe Michaels Stores will be allowed to sell them next year too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.