When I saw today's quote I thought it was perfect for this day. Today is my birthday. I am now 55 years old. And anyone who knows me personally knows that I ask tons of questions. I have often been accused of being an interrogator. I'm not. I'm infinitely curious. About everything. About everyone.
As anyone who has read this blog much knows, I'm also over-analytical. I try to curb that tendency when it comes to my life. I'm not very successful at it. But I try.
Normally I pause to take stock of my life two times a year. On July 4th (don't ask me why, I don't know) and on December 26th. But as my birthday got nearer this year I found myself breaking that rule.
It all started about a week ago when I realized that in 15 years I'll be 70. Are you kidding? In just 15 years?! How is that possible? For some reason it has stuck in my brain. That realization has opened the door to all sorts of self-analysis. My birthday is one of my favorite days of the year (the other being Christmas) and that "70" looming has taken some of the joy from my day.
Well, it's attempted to take some of the joy.
The truth is I'm happy to be 55. I'm proud to be 55. I'm celebrating being 55. I'm going to enjoy being 55 for all it's worth. And then I'll move on to 56.
After all, inside of myself, I feel like I'm 40...
(I always tell people on my birthday, (excitedly) that it's my first time to be (insert your age here)! I've never been (insert your age here) before! Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I hope you have a super-fabulous-can't-believe-God-loves-me-THIS-much-it's-a-miracle kind of year!!!
Merry Christmas!!
Now that the crows feet are slipping in and I will soon turn another year older I find myself thinking these thoughts too. Then I think about my parents who never made it passed their 20's and want to shout. "Oh I am blessed Lord. Thank you for each day I spend with my family~healthy!"
ReplyDelete