8.20.2011

Fall Fever, Family, Future

I have fall fever so bad. It's not that I expect there to be a crispness to the air so I can put on a sweater. I'd just like it to cool down enough that I could clean out our garage without passing out! I'm ready for it to cool down to the upper 70s overnight so I can open the house up. I want to see a daytime high of 100 degrees. In the meantime, I'll just keep going to Hobby Lobby and walking up and down the fall decor aisles and pretending the chill of the AC is really the chill of my fantasy fall.

Dan's cousin Bev, her husband Al, and daughter Dani visited us this past week. Dani was down here to look at ASU West as a possible school to complete her Master's at. ASU didn't work out, but we had a great few days with them. We've kept in touch over the years with Christmas cards and the occasional family news update, but hadn't seen them in 18 years. It was so great to renew our relationship with them. They are a terrific family and we're determined to keep in touch from here out. Some of the kids came over last night to (re)meet them.

Al, Dani, Bev (with Thunder)



Along with my acute case of Fall Fever, I'm suffering from a severe case of "future-itis". I'm ready to move forward with our future. We want to buy a home. We want to change our lifestyle a bit. We want to travel a little. We are ready to add a little more recreation to our days. Oh well, someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.