3.19.2010

75%

According to a Fox NewsDynamic Opinion Poll released yesterday, 75% (this is what I remember hearing, I tried to find the poll online to confirm this number but couldn't find it) of us don't feel that we are being represented by our elected officals. I don't know about you, but I find this number to be shocking.

When we hear poll results, we tend to view them through the filter of our personal politics. But this poll means 75% of everyone... meaning, the left doesn't feel represented, the right doesn't feel represented, the center doesn't feel represented. This is huge, and if it continues to build, watch out come election day.

If you are among the 75% that don't feel represented by your senators and congress members, you know what you can do - VOTE! Look up your members and familiarize yourself with how they are voting on the issues that are important to you. Read up on the challengers running against them this year and determine if they are more representative of your personal politics. Make informed decisions.

There is a groundswell of "throw the bums out" mentality. That's all well and good, but somebody has to replace those bums. Let's not make the same old mistakes when it comes to casting our vote. We have the opportunity to change things in Washington DC, as well as in our local and state governments. We can and will make a difference with our vote.

1 comment:

  1. as I read this post I was reminded of something they told us at Boys State..."Don't Vote, Don't B****h"
    I wonder how many of that 75% didn't vote in the last midterm or local election. And if they can even name who their district representative or state senators are? Not to mention who their local reps are? Hopefully, this results in greater voter turnout for this year and future years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.