I love politics. I am also a news junkie. My idea of "perfect" is to have a bank of six televisions in my living room so I can monitor the cable outlets and one or two local stations at the same time.
After last night's election, I sense that the 2010 campaign season will begin immediately. And not a moment too soon. I can't wait to see who emerges as strong candidates, the effect the campaign season will have on pending legislation, the tenor of the rhetoric.
The entire House is up for re-election and 1/3 of the Senate. Historically, the party in control loses 17 house seats during a mid-term election. The exceptions to this were George W Bush in 2002, and Franklin Roosevelt in 1934.
I'm especially excited by this grass roots movement of voting for the beliefs of the candidate, rather than their party. I have long advocated a multi-party system. Plus, throughout our country's history, the party's have changed and evolved into other entities. Maybe it's time for some evolution!
Regardless, it's definitely time for all of us to pay attention, educate ourselves on the issues, and the candidates, and VOTE when we have the opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.