A few weeks ago I was whining about the "Fat Blasting Mile" video I was exercising to. Well, I must love punishment, because I've moved up to the "Daily Dozen". This is another Denise Austin video that concentrates on 12 exercices for 12 separate muscle groups in 12 minutes. It's broken down so that you're targeting a different part of your body each day for seven days.
Oh my goodness, I do ok on the yoga days, and I can pretty much keep up on the cardio day, but the lower body/abs days... I really suck. It's very discouraging, I mean we're talking one minute per muscle group, I'm lucky if I last 15 seconds! I guess the good news is, I have confirmation about which parts of my body really need help. (As if that isn't obvious by looking at me).
One thing I like about Denise Austin (besides her cheerful, encouraging attitude) is that she shares her #1 slimming secret constantly, and it's one I can actually do: stand up straight. It's true, look at yourself in the mirror as you normally stand. Now, stand up straight. It's like a miracle, you instantly look thinner. Now that I've heard her harp on this for weeks, I catch myself thinking about it several times a day. Stand up straight. I instantly feel better about myself.
There are harder Denise Austin videos that I could purchase, but right now I can't see "Denise Austin's Boot Camp" anywhere in my future! It'll probably take me the rest of the year to accomplish the "Daily Dozen". But, I'm gonna keep trying...
GOOD FOR YOU!!! great post.
ReplyDeleteI need to stand/sit up straight.