11.02.2009

I'm Done

For the first time, I am done with Christmas shopping! I am actually astonished and quite proud of myself. The only gifts I have left to purchase are books that aren't coming out til later this month.

My success this year is due to the kids giving me great lists way early. I estimate that I bought 95% of them on discount, or with 40%-50% off coupons. I even stayed within budget!

Now, we're focusing on making a list of all the fun things we want to do between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Maybe this year, we'll get to some of the things we've had to skip in the past. At the top of our list is taking the baby to see Santa. Katie doesn't want to wait in the lines, so we gladly volunteered.

I know, some of you think I'm really sick. To you I say this, I spent cash, so I'm not anticipating any credit card bill shockers. I had fun. I thought of each person as I was purchasing their gifts, imagining the pleasure they would receive from them. I now have time to have fun with my husband during the Christmas season.

Some of you wish you could do this. To you I say, it's easy! All it takes is a little organization and a determination to not be sidetracked with impulse buying.

Merry Christmas... to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.