I love Christmas! I'm one of those wierd people that listen to Christmas music all year long. Not every day, but whenever the mood strikes me.
We got a phone call from Cox offering us their digital package for free for six months. When I answered the call, I said no. When Dan answered the call, he said yes. (It's really because the Chargers play on Christmas Day on the NFL Channel and he & JD didn't want to have to go find a sports bar to watch them in. But that's a whole other story.)
The good thing about the digital channels is the Christmas music channel! I love it (except when they play Madonna's version of "Santa Baby", it's awful). When I get anxious because of the gloom and doom of the cable news channels, I switch it to the Christmas music.
It's so fun to listen to. It brings back memories of childhood expectations, memories of when my own kids were little, and the anticipation of a great Christmas this year when we'll all be together. It reminds me of God's unbelievable generosity in sending His Son to the earth to live as a man, to be persecuted, accused, found guilty, and hung on the cross. Of the miracle of His rising from the grave after three days. Of His mercy to me.
Christmas music... it does a body good! ha ha
I love Christmas music too but not year round. Maybe you like it yr round b/c in AZ you have season confussion. When it's 110 degrees 10 mos a yr who knows if it's christmas or memorial day. :)
ReplyDelete