1.28.2013

Stitching Update - Week 4

All of my efforts went toward LHN "Through the Woods". If I hadn't run out of one of the colors I'd be done. As it is, I think I'll finish it this week for sure. As I've been stitching on this one Sunny asked me who it was for. I told her I didn't know, but I thought I'd put it in Gramps' office. She declared "Gramps doesn't need another stitching, you just made him a Christmas Tree". Before I could reply she headed into the office and asked Dan, "Gramps, you don't need another stitching in here do you?" Hahaha


Sunny was over everyday last week recovering from pneumonia. After her nap one day this is what I found at the foot of my bed.


I saw this idea on Pinterest and just had to have one. I bought a Scrabble game for $2 at an Estate Sale and after quite a few tries, got our names to fit just right. The game was missing some tiles so it was a challenge! What do you think: should I leave it as is, or put a photo of our family on it?





8 comments:

  1. Love your LHN piece, Vicki! You're so close to a finish... Such cute characters at the bottom of Sunny's bed, too!

    We did the same thing with scrabble tiles (well, actually Bananagrams tiles) when we were on a family vacation in NC a few years back--managed to make all 23 family members name connect together and took a photo. I've always meant to frame it or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea with the names Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on "through the woods", can't wait to see a finish! Sooo soon! Love the scrabble idea! Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I have "Over the River" framed and out each winter time! I'm looking at it right now! You'll love it when yours is all done and its looking good!
    LOVE the scrabble idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so close to a wonderful, gorgeous finish....
    too funny about Sunny's comment!!!! Love the stuffed animals & also the scrabble idea...something to keep in mind for 'someday'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should put your last name across the top and a photo in the lower left corner :) Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and too cute about both your grandkids - LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.