9.01.2011

SSMT, Birthdays, Life in General

SSMT #17: You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:14 What a great verse! This verse will serve as an encouragement to me in all kinds of situations, challenges, and opportunities. You know, I read the Bible through every year. It's amazing to me that each year new verses pop out at me. I've probably read them dozens of times before and didn't notice them as special. I guess that's why the Word of God is living and breathing...

Birthdays: Yesterday was Dan's 56th birthday. We headed out early in the morning for two appraisals; one in Litchfield Park and one in Scottsdale. As we headed home we stopped at a new eatery in town, Frank 'n' Furters for lunch. It was ok, but didn't live up to our expectations. The fries especially were limp and greasy. Dan wrote reports all afternoon and then we headed over to Famous Dave's for dinner. Since Jessica's birthday is Saturday and she'll be out of town, she and Adam joined us for a double birthday dinner.




Life in General: I am going through a phase where I feel as if I'm not living the life I'm supposed to live. Don't jump to conclusions. I'm not going through an identity crisis, I just feel as if I'm letting some of the things in my house keep me imprisoned. So, to that end, I'm going to concentrate on major decluttering in September. Especially in the area of craft items. If I'm never going to get around to a project I have the supplies for, I'm donating them to someone who will enjoy and complete the project. Same thing with home decor. If I'm tired of it, it will be exiting my home and entering a home where it will be cherished and enjoyed. (Can you tell I'm preaching to myself?!) I am determined... I'm ready to change my lifestyle (slightly) and I'm going to release the things that are holding me back. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! A really good way to donate items to make a craft is in a little kit with instructions. This insures the recipient will have everything needed with the instructions and the items have a better chance of being made.

    Just a suggestion. Seriously good luck with the decluttering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.