9.30.2011

Sad

Yesterday we had to make one of the hardest decisions to make. We had our little dog Daisy put down. We've been grappling with this for over a year. Her health has been in decline. But if you have pets you know how hard it is to make this final decision. We kept justifying the wait because she had "good days", because she loved Sunny, because we loved her. But the reality was that she really only had good moments. She was blind, deaf, and could barely walk some days. Other days she ran, played, and was engaged. You can see why we were so reluctant to come to this choice. I hope we gave her a good life. I know she was a joy to us. I will miss her terribly. Duke and Rascal know she's not here and are subdued. I know they'll perk up in a few days. It might take me a little longer.



1 comment:

  1. So sad, when you lose a member of the family whether they have 4 legs or 2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.