7.01.2011

Welcome July!

SSMT #13
Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
   and he will establish your plans. Proverbs 16:3


One of the blogs I read wrote about this verse a few weeks ago. Her husband uses this verse as part of his marketing plan for his business. Isn't that cool? Anyway, when I read it I knew I had to memorize it. It applies to every aspect of our lives.

Christmas in July!
Yesterday Jessica and I dropped by Hobby Lobby after Katie's baby shower and oohed and aahed over the Christmas aisles. I am so collecting coupons and heading back there next week to buy Autumn candles. I found lots of decs that will work for my kitchen Christmas tree. I need new wreaths (mine are completely worn out). Fortunately Jess is good at floral design and has agreed to help me create some new designs for this year. Last year the music channel on TV started playing Christmas music on July 5th for Christmas in July. I will be tuning in this year to see if they continue that tradition. Hey, when it's 116 degrees outside, it's psychologically helpful to be thinking of Christmas...

Baby Shower
Katie's co-workers threw a baby shower for her yesterday and were kind enough to include Jessica and I. We had a great time. Katie's co-workers are so nice, friendly, and FUNNY! (These women are also dedicated, compassionate, and determined to make a difference in the lives of children who are wards of the state of Arizona). I haven't laughed that much in ages and I had sore muscles by the end of the party.

One of her co-workers crocheted a beautiful blanket and cap for Thunder. I promised to take a picture of him in them at the hospital. Someone also gave Sunny a "big sister" gift. Isn't that sweet. The cake was made from scratch and was the best cake I've tasted in years. It was incredibly rich, but somehow, not too sweet. The restaurant was decorated with lots of blue and brown balloons. Such a fun day...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.