It occurred to me yesterday as I sat watching "Dinosaur Train" with Sunny that Grammy Daycare offers a lot in the way of education. Why, at that moment we were sitting in Paleontology Class. It was followed by an episode of "Sid the Science Kid" which is my version of Applied Science Class. I think I'm on to something here.
watching Gramps prepare "animal pancakes"
Grammy Daycare also offers Art Class, Food Preparation Class, Zoology, Baking Class, Home Economics, Physical Education, Math, and Reading. Wow! I never realized what an advanced curriculum I was providing.
breakfast with Buzz and Woody
We also have Vocal Music Class, Instrumental Music Class, and Dance. I provide counseling, discipline, structure, and as many kisses and hugs as are needed to make it through the day.
puzzle time
We have guest speakers (Gramps, Tia Jess, Gigi) and go on field trips (Culver's, the park). We study sociology by traveling to Joanna's house to learn to relate to peers by playing with her kids. We have outside time, movie time, story time, and rest time. I provide healthy meals and decadent snacks.
learning rhythm with Gigi and Tia
No wonder I'm exhausted at the end of a Grammy Daycare session!
this skirt really twirled when we danced
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.