5.31.2011

In the Car with Grammy and Sunny (translation provided)

cereal... check, water... check, caterpillar... check

Today Sunny and I spent a lot of time in the car together. She is a great car passenger, but she talks the entire time. Here is a sample of our stimulating conversation:

S: Bammy, Bammy drive? (Bammy=Grammy)
G: Yes, Grammy's driving...
S: Drive Bammy, drive.
G: Drive Grammy, drive.
S: Go, Bammy, go, vroom, vroom (this as I take off from a red light)
G: Go Grammy, go.
S: Wheee! Bammy drive. (this as I turn a corner)
G: Yes, Grammy's driving.
S: Gramps drive?
G: No, Grammy's driving.
S: Gramps?
G: Gramps is at work.
S: Mommy?
G: Mommy is at work.
S: Papi?
G: Papi's at work.
S: Daisy?
G: Daisy's at home.
S: Duke?
G: Duke's at home.
S: Doggie? (meaning Rascal)
G: Rascal's at home.
S: Kitty Cat?
G: Kitty Cat's at home.
S: Oh, OK! (pause) Begin conversation again as above from Daisy? Repeat through Kitty Cat's at home.
G: Let's try something new. Let's count.
G: One
S: Two
G: Two
S: Five
G: Three
S: Five
G: Four
S: Five
G: Five!
S: Five!

I know. It boggles the mind that I'm as sane as I am...

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious!!!! Maybe you should stick to counting in Spanish she is alot better!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.