Yesterday we attended the VNSA Book Sale. We had a great time and came away with tons of new reading material. Janel and I really scored big on cross-stitch patterns. We bought more than 20 books and pattern leaflets between us. There is plenty of patterns to keep Jessica, Janel, and I busy for years! I told the girls I just hope my eyesight and fingers hold out.
They changed the way you enter the building this year. There was one monster line instead of two huge lines, and they searched your bags before you went in. We overheard one of the volunteers say that it’s because last year two people got into a fight and drew their weapons. Really?! Our first thought was “wow, what book were they fighting over?”, and our next thought was “gangbangers at the book sale? that’s kind of encouraging that they’re reading!”
We were only in line for about 75 minutes and the weather was wonderful so it wasn’t too bad. There seemed to be less books and we did hear on the news last night that there wasn’t as many books this year. The fiction area seemed very sparse to me. The children’s area was full as usual and I came away with some really cute books for Sunny to take to her house and for me to keep at mine.
Our fun weekend with JD & Janel continues today and I plan to get some photos to post. Enjoy your Sunday…
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.