2.27.2011

Waiting…

Patience is a virtue, but it’s not one of my virtues. I am notoriously impatient. And I don’t keep it to myself. When I’m impatient, everyone around me knows it. Especially Dan. I drive him insane with questions, comments, deep sighs, pacing, any behavior that exhibits my impatience and tests his patience.


I am currently impatient. I just can’t wait for my new granddaughter to arrive. I want to see her. I want to hold her. I want to hear her. I want to know her.


We went down to Mesa to see Zach and Ashley this afternoon. They’re ready. All of her clothes are washed and put away. They have tons of clothes, blankets, socks, diapers. Everything new parents need. Ashley is already filling in the Baby Book. They are so ready for the baby to get here.


Her official due date is Friday, March 4. We have a little family pool going to see who can guess her arrival date. JD is already out. He guessed 2/25. Janel chose 2/28. Dan & I have 3/1. Sunny 3/3 (three is the only number she can say!) Jessica 3/4. Katie, Gabe, Adam all chose 3/6. Ashley 3/8. Zach 3/18 – can you imagine?!


This will probably be an anxious week for me. I’ll do my best to not drive Dan up the wall. But I’m not promising anything…

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha What the heck is the daddy doing in picking March 18th? Just to be supportive he's gotta pick earlier than that. :) I'll be praying for her this week and next. I can't wait to hear the news, please call me. As for you grandma, I'll be praying for grandpa. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.