I think Thursday is becoming my catch-up day. It's really the Monday of my week because I don't have Sunny for the next four days so I race around trying to get a lot accomplished in between sitting and trying to catch up on my x-stitching, bill paying, reading, etc. I seriously don't know (or remember) how I did it when I had four kids the ages of 0-5 years at home. I'm deciding I must have been Superwoman! ha ha
Weather: As you know I'm a self-proclaimed weather wonk. I love anything having to do with the weather. My weather. Your weather. Europe's weather... you get the picture. After our record-breaking high of 111 degrees the other day, the meteorologists were promising cooler temps and RAIN! Oh yeah. Well, it cooled off some but the humidity is through the roof. And we didn't get one drop of rain at our house. It all went to the east side of town. Today is the first full day of Fall and I'm longing for some fall weather. Which in Phoenix means highs in the 90s and lows in the 70s. The only thing changing colors here is the grass. It's turning brown.
Sunny: Grammy Daycare with Sunny is going great if I do say so myself. I just love having her here. She's just a sponge soaking up experiences, information, skills. She provides never-ending entertainment for me. Yesterday she had attitude. This was a first for her and me although Katie's mentioned her attitude from time to time. I don't know what her problem was but she was frustrated with everything. The dogs. Me. Herself. It was hard for me to hide my smiles and laughter because I don't want her to think attitude is acceptable. But it's just so darn funny! I need to take some pictures of her next week. I'm behind on that.
Personal Responsibility: Go ahead. Those of you that know me. Roll your eyes. I know what you're thinking, "Here we go. She's on her soapbox again!" You're right. I am. But I'm really preaching to myself. It is just so easy to blame our character flaws, bad choices, wrong behavior, and whiny attitudes on others. It's even easier these days. In fact, it's the status quo. Just look at the example set by our elected officials. I was convicted this week of my judgmental attitude. I heard a story about a person with a really tough choice to make. She chose a solution that I disapproved of. My first reaction was one of shock and disappointment. Then I immediately was ashamed. Who am I to judge her? She's an adult. She knows her family situation. I also know she's not a believer, so wouldn't it be better for me to be praying for her than to be judging her? (She's not someone I have contact with, so I can't actively witness to her at this time). I ended up more appalled at myself than I was at her. Which is how God intended it. I'm not responsible for anyone else's actions. I am only responsible for me. And obviously, not doing a good job at being responsible for me. It really bugs me that now that the kids are gone, I have more time to see myself. I'm not sure I always like what I see!
Winner: I'm a winner! I was so surprised last night when I checked out Grammy Girlfriend to find that I am a winner in her latest giveaway. I never win anything, so this was a thrill! Teresa has two blogs, her personal one and a holiday blog. Her holiday blog is focusing more on Christmas now and I can't wait to see her Christmas tree designs. I know I'll be inspired. Thanks for picking me, Teresa!
Exercise: If you've been reading my blog for long, you know I keep trying different exercise options. It's not that I don't like to exercise, it's more that I'm clumsy and usually end up injuring some part of me that takes forever to heal. For example, I got a groin pull last February and I still can't put on socks or lace up shoes on my right foot without help. I can't bend and twist that leg at the same time. I asked my Dr. about it and she said groin pulls take forever to heal. She offered to send me to PT, but really, it's been this long already, I might as well tough it out on my own. Anyway... I've decided that walking is my best bet. I dug out my pedometer and am working toward 10,000 steps each day. Some days I make it. Some days I don't. 2,000 steps is approximately one mile. I always walk a minimum of three miles (6,000 steps) each day. I always feel so much better when I'm walking daily. And I don't injure myself!
As always, thanks for listening (really reading). Enjoy the day...
Congratulations on your book win from Grammy Girlfriend! I just had to visit you (us Grammy's have to stick together). Love your post and walking is my best excercise and especially now that Fall is hopefully in the air.
ReplyDeleteEdwina
congrats on winning your book.
ReplyDeleteI was worried that you were talking about me making a decision that you didn't approve of until I read that this person isn't a Christian. WHEW!! It's not me. Or at least you didn't post about it. :)
can't believe how hot it still is there...ugh! Fall is beautiful in Nebraska!