Today's Daily Verse comes courtesy of Laura over at Decor To Adore. If you haven't seen her blog check it out. It's like a mini-vacation every day that she posts. Her images are calm, serene, peaceful and beautiful. Seriously, when I see that she has updated I grab a cup of hot tea and take a mental health break.
Anyway, when I read 1 Peter 4:10 "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.", I knew it had to be the verse for today.
It is so easy to look at others and see their gifts. Sometimes it's difficult for me to recognize my gifts. Don't get me wrong. I know I have gifts, it's just that sometimes I can't help but compare my paltry gifts with others' over-the-top gifts and feel inadequate. Gee, I wonder what God thinks about that? Can you just imagine Him thinking how ungrateful I am?! The truth is that we have all been endowed with unique gifts. God gives us the gifts and then He expects us to use them faithfully. As the verse above states, we're to use them to "administer God's grace in its various forms."
What could be easier? I mean really. I have tons of examples of God's grace in its various forms that I can share. I don't even have to think hard to come up with a dozen examples of God's grace. This verse is just another conviction of how I make my walk with Christ so complicated. It's so easy to have an excuse for my inadequacies, my fears, my procrastination. I can make endless excuses that keep me from situations that might be uncomfortable or intimidating when it comes to sharing God's grace with others.
It's not complicated. All I have to do is be willing to use my gift of 'being able to talk to any person on any subject at length' (yes, that is a gift, just go to the grocery store with me once, you'll see it in action) to share my experiences of God's grace.
Don't you just love all the ways God uses to get our attention; even a blog...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.