9.16.2010

Thursday Thoughts

Hallelujah! The average high temperature in my area finally dropped to 99 degrees. Of course, that really doesn't mean anything as the forecast high for today is 107 degrees. But we can hope. Fall starts next Wednesday, so the temps should be dropping to around 100 degrees in the next few weeks. The monsoon appears to be over which means no rain (of significance) until January. Unless a hurricane decides to hit Mexico just right and we get the moisture from that.

Projects. I am inundated with half-finished and un-started projects. My third bedroom is absolutely a disaster. It looks like something from the TV show "Clean Sweep". It currently holds the pack & play, a small dresser for baby items, a small side table, and craft tables. I put the craft tables up hoping I would be able to complete some projects. Instead, they are covered with craft supplies making it impossible for me to have work space to actually work on the project. I'm a mess!

JD. Can I just be maudlin for a moment and tell you how much I miss JD & Janel? My dream situation would be for all of my kids to live no more than 12 hours driving time from us. That would make it easy for visits. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to talk to them whenever, for free, on the cell phone. But it's not the same. And we've only been face-to-face with Janel four or five times. She and I have a lot in common and I'm hoping the day will come when we can spend more time together. Ah well, maudlin moment is over, thanks for listening.

Sam's Club. First off, let me say, we are so thankful for the Sam's Club job. We need prayer for wisdom however. Dan's appraisal appointments are picking up (Praise God!). Last month he had 20 orders. It's really difficult to work that many orders and work full-time at Sam's. We need prayer that we will know when to make the decision for him to go part-time at Sam's. He can't quit until after we buy a house, hopefully sometime in 2011. He can cut his hours and keep his insurance. Obviously he makes way more at appraisals than he does at Sam's, so less hours at Sam's means more hours for appraisals... IF the orders keep up. Your prayer support is appreciated, thank you.

I get my new glasses today! I'll take pictures so you can see them... enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.