9.25.2010

Just What I Needed

This morning I got out of bed all out of sorts. I didn't feel well physically. It seemed like the weight of all my worries hit me as soon as my feet hit the floor. I felt behind already and I hadn't even gotten dressed. I was agitated and frustrated.

When I signed on to update my blog I saw that A Baby Changes Everything had updated and clicked over to read her post. From there I found this blog. It was a God-thing. I know everybody gets these kind of emails all the time. I rarely stop to read them. Most of them have been around for a decade and I've received them multiple times. But for whatever reason this one was just what I needed this morning. So, I'm sharing it:

  • Pray
  • Go to bed on time
  • Get up on time so you can start the day un-rushed
  • Say "No" to projects that won't fit into your time schedule or that will compromise your mental health
  • Delegate tasks to capable others
  • Simplify and declutter your life
  • Less is more, although one is often not enough and two are often too many
  • Allow extra time to do things and get places
  • Pace yourself; spread out big changes and difficult projects over time. Don't lump the hard things all together
  • Take life one day at a time
  • Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget about it
  • Live within your budget. Don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases
  • Have backups - an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
  • K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut) This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble
  • Do something for the "kid in you" everyday
  • Get organized so everything has its place
  • Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line
  • Get enough rest
  • Eat right
  • Make friends with Godly people
  • Listen to a tape while driving that will help improve the quality of your life
  • Write down thoughts and inspirations
  • Every day, find time to be alone
  • Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it is time to go to bed to try and pray
  • Keep a folder or post it notes of your favorite scripture on hand
  • Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank You Jesus"
  • Take your work seriously - but not yourself at all
  • Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can)
  • Laugh, and then laugh some more!
  • Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it most)
  • Sit on your ego
  • Talk less and listen more
  • Slow down!
  • Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe

1 comment:

  1. That's a great word for me to read this morning. Thanks. Although now I feel like I need to make a list of all that and check it off. ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.