9.18.2010

319 Pairs of Flip-Flops Are on the Way to Haiti Orphanage!

Thanks to all of you our flip-flop drive was a resounding success! On May 25, 2010 I announced that my friends Beth and Nancy and I were holding a flip-flop drive to celebrate our 54th birthdays. The drive was to support the God's Littlest Angels Orphanage in Haiti. Our goal was 54 pairs of flip-flops each for a grand total of 164 pairs.

Your response blew our socks off! We collected 319 pairs of flip-flops in all sizes, colors, patterns and $50 in postage donations. This translates to eight boxes filled with flip-flops. Thank you does not seem enough to say to describe our gratefulness for your generosity.

Keep watching this blog for another giving opportunity in January 2011. And again, thank you for making our birthdays so memorable!

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you stopped by...It was 99 here today...I can never remember wanting fall so much.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic effort! Congrats to all 3 of you on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.