7.16.2010

So Blessed...

I am feeling so blessed today. Even as tears are running down my face as I pray for others facing seemingly insurmountable challenges.

You know how it is. You get to feeling sorry for yourself over whatever little thing is bugging you in your life. Over whatever is not satisfying enough. Over whatever is difficult. And then you read, hear, or see someone else's plight. A situation that is so difficult that you just know you couldn't handle it. Then, suddenly, you feel blessed.

Why is that? Why can't I feel blessed all the time. Because I am. Blessed all the time. Even in the midst of life's little disappointments. Life's little challenges. Life's little road blocks or speed bumps. I am blessed.

I started a Gratitude Journal a few months back after reading "One Simple Act" by Debbie Macomber. That helped some. I start the day by listing 5 things I'm grateful for before proceeding to my Bible reading & prayer time.

But, I need to be more deliberate in acknowledging the blessings in my life. To God, to others, and to myself.

So for today, here it is, in print... I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blog entry. All I can say is AMEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.