7.19.2010

Starting this week...

I'm officially "Babysitter Grammy". Katie got a new job (congratulations, Katie!) and I will be watching Sunny three days a week. I'm very excited.

I've been working on a curriculum for Sunny and I. She's used to going to daycare where they work on something new all the time. I don't want her to lose ground just because she's at Grammy's house.

We will be having Math, Science, Vocabulary, Music, Art, and Sensory time. Our first Math lesson will be counting to three. In Science, we're going to study the sounds animals make. In vocabulary, we'll be working on words, their meanings, and the concept of communication. (She already has about 20 verbal words, although some of them are pretty hard to understand unless you're around her all the time). Anyway, you get the idea.

Of course, besides not wanting her to lose ground, I have another reason for this structure... I don't want to get bored. We'll also have plenty of playtime. I asked Katie how they structure the day at KinderCare. She told me they move from activity to activity throughout the day. I asked how long they spend at each activity and she said about 3 minutes because the attention span for a one-year-old is about 1 1/2 minutes. Yikes!

Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.