2.26.2010

Eating My Words

On my November 24th post, I said: "There are harder Denise Austin videos that I could purchase, but right now I can't see Denise Austin's Boot Camp anywhere in my future!"

Yeah, you guessed it. Just a few weeks after typing those words I got a Costco coupon for the Boot Camp DVD. I went to the store and stood in front of it for several minutes vacillating as to whether I should buy it or not. It was like the cartoons where the angel is on one shoulder and the little red devil is on the other.

Angel: you really should buy it, it's only $5 with the coupon, you'll be sorry if you decide to get it later and have to pay $14.95 at Borders. Devil: Who are you kidding?! You're never going to be able to do those workouts, you're too old, and too out of shape. Angel: I know you can do it, you want to be more flexible, if you keep working... Devil: Don't make me laugh...

Well you get the picture. So the angel won and I bought it. It sat on the shelf until this week. I got it out one day after my regular workout and just watched it so I could see what it would entail. I thought, "I think I can do most of this". So, the next morning I did the boot camp workout. I've done it now two mornings in a row. According to Denise Austin (and why would she lie?) if I just follow the plan I will see noticable results in three weeks! Whoopee! Do you think that means I'll weigh 103 like I did when I graduated high school?! Yeah, probably not. But maybe I will notice that my clothes feel looser, or that I can twist myself into one of the yoga moves easier.

Here I go, I'm committed to the boot camp workout for three weeks. If there are any harder Denise Austion workouts I don't want to know about them, and I certainly won't be commenting on them in this blog where my words will always come back to haunt me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah for you!! You are so brave.You can totally do this. Hope you feel awesome about being brave enough to give it a whirl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.