2.03.2010

Updates

1. God's Littlest Angels: We're still collecting items for the orphanage. I have two boxes packed and ready to go. My hope is to have everything mailed by 2/19. Thank you so much to everyone who has donated. My plan is to hold a flip-flop drive this summer for the orphanage, that's the shoes they all wear, and then in the fall I'm going to hold a specific donation event also. If you want advance notice, email me and I'll put you on my orphanage mailing list.

2. $5 savings plan: I am so excited about the $5 savings plan. We saved $65 in January, yippee! I've decided to take the money at the end of each month and put it in our savings account. I'm not comfortable keeping it here at home. I know every month will be different, but I think $65 was a good start! In case you think I'm going to bore you with a total each month, don't worry! I won't update this again until the end of the year.

3. The Christmas Jar: The Christmas Jar was about 2/3 full and getting heavy, so I rolled what I could and returned the rest of the coins to it. I will turn in the rolls and then put the bills in the jar. I never thought about how heavy a quart jar filled with coins would be! I plan to roll at the end of each month. Other than counting the coins out for the rolls, I'm not counting the rest of it. I figure God knows how much money needs to be in the jar, and I don't need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.