2.04.2010

Hobby Lobby Opens!

I had never heard of Hobby Lobby until my friend Melanie moved to Nebraska and told me about it. Then, several years ago, one opened up down in Avondale, AZ. I drove down there and loved the store, but it was quite a distance from where I lived. Slowly, they started opening more stores in the Phoenix area, but none close to me. Finally, on Monday they opened a store about 30 minutes from my house! Yippee!

Dan & I drove over there yesterday. The store is very large and very clean. I talked to the manager and asked how business had been. They were so busy on Monday for their Grand Opening that they sold out of many products. He explained that their trucks come in from Oklahoma, and the weather had been bad in OK this week, so no truck was expected until Friday. He was worried that the skimpy supply on shelves would be a deterrent. It wasn't. The store was packed with people, and most of them were carrying multiple items to purchase. Isn't that great?!

I told Dan that we need to add "Hobby Lobby" as a category on our budget now that there's one close by. He didn't say anything, but I got the impression that he didn't agree. If you live in the Northwest Phoenix area, check out Hobby Lobby on Bell Rd between 75th/83rd Avenues. If you've never been in one, you'll find yourself humming along to the Muzak - they play Christian music.

1 comment:

  1. now why didn't I think to have a Hobby Lobby envelope?

    Wow, I made it into your blog...I have now arrived! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.