3.08.2012

Then Sings My Soul

I've been out of sorts all this week.Maybe it's from lack of sleep this weekend. Or the fact that I'm ready for warmer weather. Maybe it's that the geo-political situation is really starting to irritate me. Or the fact that I'm tired of the media and "good old boys" in the government trying to force Mitt Romney down my throat. Maybe it's that my house is teeny tiny and I feel as if I'm going to explode in it. Or it might be because I'm 55 years old. Who knows? Yesterday, it really got to me. I was irritated at every thing and every body. Then out of the blue, these lyrics filled my mind. I felt instant serenity. The cobwebs of discontent blew away. I'll admit, later in the day the discontent was back. But for several hours, I let go of all the irritants and let my soul sing.


Oh Lord my God
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds
Thy hands have made
I see the stars
I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout
The universe displayed

Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great thou art
How great thou art
Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art


When through the woods
And forest glades I wander
I hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
And feel the gentle breeze:


Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great thou art
How great thou art
Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art



And when I think of God, 
His son not sparing, 
Sent Him to die,
I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden
gladly bearing He bled and died 
to take away my sin

Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great thou art
How great thou art
Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art

When Christ shall come
With shout of acclamation
And take me home
What joy shall fill my heart
Then I shall bow
With humble adoration
And then proclaim My God
How great Thou art

Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art
Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.