1.14.2012

Girl Scout Cookies

It's Girl Scout Cookie time again! What a great way to break up the doldrums of winter. To perk up our spirits from the post-Christmas letdown. To once again justify eating needless calories in the name of helping others.

My husband is a Thin Mint maniac. I placed our personal GS cookie order the other day. I ordered five boxes of Thin Mints for him, two boxes of Do-si-dos for me. He will have his five boxes eaten before the girl scouts can set up their stands in front of Target. I will give in and buy him more boxes from those stands. I can't resist the cute little girl scouts. And I can't resist the deranged look in his eye when he spots a box of Thin Mints. My two boxes will last until summer. I like to savor them.

All children should have the experience of eating GS cookies at least once in their life. Don't you agree? To that end, I'm on a mission to purchase a minimum of 25 boxes for the 20 houses managed by Katie's employer for CPS. If you would like to participate in this goal, please comment on this post. Or you can email me (my email is on my profile). If we can buy more than 25 boxes that would be terrific. GS cookies cost $4 a box this year.

Not only will we enable some kids in tough circumstances to have a treat, we'll satisfy our desire to buy cookies to help the Girl Scouts without having to sacrifice our diets by eating them all!

Thanks for considering this offer...

2 comments:

  1. As a former GS who peddled cookies in pre table times (IE door to door) I will always buy. And buy and buy. Sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought any GS cookies yet this year. My neighbor is selling so I'm sure we will get a couple of boxes.
    What is your deadline for $$ for the cookies? I will buy some cookies for the kids in Kate's organization. Great idea Vicki!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.