Do you ever have doubts that God is still at work in this world we live in? Well, I'm here to assure you that He is.
Last week Jessica sent me an email asking me to pray for a sophomore student at her school. Katie Wagner was diagnosed with Stage IV Rhabdomyosarcoma. I added her to my daily prayer list and began to pray.
Yesterday I was talking to my friend Marti and she told me about Katie Wagner. I told her I already knew and had been praying. Marti has absolutely no connection with Jessica's school. Her source for the information was a young man her husband knows.
Jessica sent me Katie's CaringBridge site. You can find it here. As I read the messages of encouragement, I was amazed at how God is at work drawing people together to unite in prayer for Katie and her family.
If you feel led, I'm asking that you would join in prayer for Katie Wagner and her family. You can imagine the shock and confusion her family must be experiencing. I know they have fears and concerns that can be overwhelming. I can also tell from their postings that they believe in an awesome God and have placed their daughter securely in His hands.
Vicki, can you give Katie's family or anyone that can get information to her family - tell them they should ask for her to be one of the featured children at Love Quilts... Here is the address to submit a child for consideration, must be filled out by family member: http://lovequilts2macs.homestead.com/ParentSubmissionForm.html
ReplyDeleteI stitch for LQ and I know from being a member on the board that those kids (no matter what the age) LOVE to be wrapped and cozy in a quilt made with love and prayers sewed in every stitch.
The main page can be viewed here: http://lovequilts2macs.homestead.com/LQHomepage.html
In the meantime, I'll be praying for Katie.
Love and hugs,
Vonna
http://thetwistedstitcher.blogspot.com
What a great coming together God has made. Thanks for sharing! Praying and believing that God's plan and timing are always perfect!
ReplyDeleteI love how God brings total strangers together through adversity. We all have become so independent. What a great reminder that we need one another and ultimately God.
ReplyDelete