10.13.2011

Road Trip Photos - Dodge City, KS

Although I lived my whole growing up years in Kansas (except for one year in St. Louis, MO) I had never visited Dodge City. I always wanted to go to Boot Hill, made famous in scores of cowboy movies. Four years ago when we drove out to Manhattan for JD's graduation, we bypassed Dodge City. I did get out and have my picture made on the overlook to the massive feed lots located there.

This time, we decided to spend a few hours in Dodge City as tourists. I'll let the photos tell the story...

this cute little dog was in the car parked next to ours at the hotel


Dan at Boot Hill Cemetery
yes, they believe there are still some bodies buried there although most were interred elsewhere years ago


I just love trains!

Me in the church in tourist Dodge City

The row of shops in tourist Dodge City

The church in tourist Dodge City


"El Capitan" - he led the first herd of cattle to Dodge City back in the day


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tour. Dodge City, Kansas was only a name to me...until now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.