We're back!
One week ago today we left Phoenix to drive to Manhattan, KS to visit JD and Janel, our oldest son and his wife.
Guiding us on our way was our new GPS, Betty Lou. Dan picked her name. I wasn't sure what the GPS would do or if it would be any help along the way. Boy, was she ever helpful! We used her to find hotels and restaurants. It was great.
We made it to Holbrook, AZ the first night. Got up early Thursday morning and drove to Dodge City, KS. We hung out in Dodge City Friday morning and then drove on into Manhattan.
We had a great time visiting JD and Janel. We spent Saturday in Abilene, KS. Sunday we drove out to Janel's parents farm to meet her dad and sister and have lunch. We'd met her mom a couple of years ago when she flew to Phoenix for a conference. We hung out the rest of Sunday and then got an early start home on Monday.
We made it to Albuquerque on Monday night and pulled into our driveway around 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
Whew!
Yes, I took pictures and I plan to share some of our trip in more detail. But for today, I just wanted to say we're home and yes, I really missed blogging!
Can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDelete