Yesterday Sunny and I had a play date with Joanna and her kids. Since it's too hot to play outside still we headed to a local mall with an indoor playground. I think this was Sunny's first time there. I know it was my first time there. (OK, my pictures aren't very good for this post. It's a measurement of my poor photography skills and the slowness of my camera!)
She walked in hesitantly and clung to my side as I showed her all of the climbing toys, slides, and tunnels. There were only one or two other kids there when we first arrived and she acted shy. But then some bigger, more boisterous kids showed up and that was all the encouragement she needed. She took off like a shot to play with them.
When Joanna and her kids showed up a few minutes later, Sunny squealed with delight and ran over to them. Soon the four of them were running wild over the play equipment. Joanna and I had the opportunity of uninterrupted conversation for about 30 minutes. It was wonderful!
Sunny came up and said she was hungry, so we went out into the mall corridor for some much needed snacks. She had a terrific time and so did I.



We had fun too Vicki - it was nice to see you guys. I love that last picture - lol. Let's do it again soon!
ReplyDelete