Yesterday Grammy Daycare opened after a six week hiatus. Sunny is the only attendee as Thunder goes to work with Katie. I can see such a difference in her this past six weeks. I suppose part of it is due to becoming a big sister. But it's mostly due to just normal growing up.
Her imagination is such fun to experience. Now when she plays with her toys, she talks to them, talks for them, talks about them. Making up stories and scenarios that are far too advanced for me to understand based on her limited two years of life experiences. Her verbal skills are becoming more complex. It's such fun to hear the inflection and tone of her sentences. She will be entering the world of "why" in the next few months... I can already see it on the horizon.
I'm including two pictures that I took yesterday. In one, she lined all her friends up to lay back on caterpillar to listen to her recite "Go Dog Go" by memory. In the other one, she stood up some of her favorite books and then placed a friend in each book for reading time. Don't ask me how they could read when their backs were to the words... like I said, it's beyond my comprehension! I'm also including a photo of Dan and Thunder taken last night. (Katie and kids stayed for dinner).



Oh so sweet! I love this post!! We have a video of Reese's "reading" Go, Dog, Go! it's funny. Skittles is just learning to read for real, and he comments on the video . . . She can read fast, Momma!
ReplyDeleteToo cute!!