6.15.2011

Wednesday Wanderings

SSMT #12: Wow, halfway through the year in attempting to memorize some of God's Word. I won't kid you. This has been a huge challenge to me. I have an easier time memorizing verses that I'm already familiar with. You know the ones I mean. You can kind of quote part of them, but aren't exactly sure where they're located in the Bible. Yeah, those verses. That's why I chose this verse for today. It's one of those verses I know, I just don't know where it is. I will now! For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. 1 Corinthians 14:33

Monsoon: Today is the beginning of the 2011 Monsoon. For those of you unfamiliar with Phoenix weather, it's the start of three or four months when we actually have weather. We get to hear the weather person say something besides sunny and warm. Our humidity level climbs out of the single digits (yes, it is possible to have 1% relative humidity) to as high as 30%. We sweat. Our drinks sweat. Within the next few weeks we will start to see clouds gathering over the Mogollon Rim to the northeast and grow into towering, dark storm clouds. There will be a slight chance of rain most days. If we're lucky, at least once during Monsoon it will rain at our house for as much as 30 minutes or so. At the first drop of rain, most of us will run out of our homes or offices, lift our faces to the clouds, and exclaim "it's raining!". Oh, what a glorious time it will be...

Still waiting on Thunder: Thunder is due on July 20th. I am putting together our family pool to guess his arrival date. Katie is doing great. She is ready for him to come. His room is all put together and looks fantastic. All of his little clothes are washed and hanging in the closet awaiting him. I just can't wait to hold this little guy!

Appraisals: April was a landmark month for appraisals. We received the highest amount of orders that month since the bottom fell out in Fall 2007. May was a good month, and June is starting out busy. We are so grateful to God for bringing us through these tough years. He has been our Provider, our Comfort, our Confidence. We are cautiously optimistic for the remainder of 2011.

Prayer: For those of you who know my friend Marti, please be in prayer for the family. There was a sudden death in Adam's family while they were at their family reunion in Colorado. Thank you.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. You will love the book...What font do you use? It is one of my favorites..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.