6.16.2010

Monsoon Season

"Monsoon Expected to be More Intense this Year" was the headline of an Internet article on Arizona's Monsoon season. The season started yesterday and lasts until September 30. For those of you not familiar with the monsoon, it means "seasonal wind shift". It takes place each year in the summer months and can bring torrential rain, damaging winds, haboobs (dust storms), hail, and deadly lightning. In Phoenix, we get an average 2.76" of rain. It is the wettest part of the year. We love it!

It also appears to be Monsoon season in my personal life as well. But not in a bad way. It's just that all of a sudden we have a lot of changes happening. Yesterday when I called Dan to tell him of the latest news, he said "wow, we have a lot going on". Now for him, that's the equivalent of "O my gosh! What's happening?! I'm not sure I can handle it all." Ha ha, just kidding.

It's really kind of cool that we have all of this excitement. One child is moving back to the area (hallelujah!). One of my best friends is moving back to the area (yippee!). We're planning a vacation this fall (ahhh!). And we just found out that a wedding may be thrown into the mix (fantastic!). Another child may be moving out of state (sad, but a really good opportunity for him).

This is what I thought our "empty nest" years would be like. Lots of comings and goings. Lots of sharing in the kids joys and sorrows, opportunities and challenges. A change of focus from our insulated home life to something bigger. I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.