Today is Friday June 25th: six months from today is Christmas! OK, admit it, you just had to know that would be my first item today.
Flip-flop Drive Update: I am so excited at how our flip-flop drive is progressing. We only need 114 pairs to meet our goal. A friend emailed me on Wednesday to say that she has 11 pair for us. I'm meeting another friend for lunch on Wednesday who has been collecting them in her Sunday School class. If you want to contribute, here's a bargain alert: Hobby Lobby has flip-flops 50% off through tomorrow and Joann's will have theirs 50% off starting Sunday. The drive ends on August 26 so you still have plenty of time if you'd like to participate. We also accept cash donations to purchase flip-flops or to help pay postage.
Exciting week ahead: I am so excited for next week to get here. Wednesday is going to be a huge day for me. I'm having lunch with a friend I haven't seen since January; my daughter Jessica is moving here and will arrive on Wednesday, and my friend Francesca is also moving back here and will arrive on Wednesday. Woohoo! My daughter has been gone for three years, my friend has been gone for five years and it will be so good to have them both back in town.
Weather: My intention was to run outside and take a picture of what 110 degrees looks like, but I missed the first opportunity. It hit 113 here yesterday, but I didn't realize it was that warm until I saw the 5:00 news and by then it was below 110. Oh well, it's supposed to be 111 today, so maybe I'll pay more attention and get the shot. For those of you that have never lived in 110+ temps I'm sure this will be very exciting!
Looking ahead: As you know by now, I try to live in the here and now, but I excel at living in the future. I've been thinking about new elements to add to my blog in the new year and I think I came up with a good one. I'm considering adding a "Fruit of the Spirit" item that will highlight a fruit of the spirit each day through quotes. I will definitely continue the Daily Verse and the Today's Quote. I'm up in the air about the New Word and On This Day items. What do you think? Do any of you even read them, and if you do read them do you enjoy them? I'm in need of some feedback...
Commercials: I'll end with this. I rarely listen to commercials on the TV. I hit the mute button or change to the Weather Channel when they're on. There are two commercials airing now that have caught my attention. One is for some sort of coffee, I think it's Starbucks. The story of the commercial is told by the words on coffee mugs. Very clever. The other one is for Sprint phones. It involves a series of antiquated or obsolete objects falling over into each other in the manner of a domino line, knocking each other down until you get to the most up-to-date Sprint phone. I just love that commercial, it is so creative.
Have a great weekend!
I'm so happy for you that Jessica is moving back and Francesa too! And I'm laughing too because only you would mark the 6 month timeline till Christmas. ;)
ReplyDelete