1.24.2018

Out of it...

I have to admit that 2018 has started off with a whimper for me. I've been out of it one way or another since we got back from Disneyland. First I had a cold/cough/sore throat/laryngitis for two weeks (I know, it could have been much worse!) and then I got a terrible toothache. I'm not really one for taking medicine, but even I had to resort to medication for the cold and especially the toothache.

I really don't like to go to the dentist (due to extreme dental trauma when I was a child) but I sucked it up and went in on Monday morning. To tell you the truth I was actually counting the hours until I COULD go in all weekend. When I told my dentist that, he just smiled... Unfortunately, he had to refer to me to an Endodontist (another day with this pain?!) who I saw yesterday. I'm feeling much better today after part one of a root canal. I know, I know, I would never have believed that I'd be celebrating a root canal (I've had them before and they are no fun). But I was so uncomfortable with the toothache that this has been a relief!

I'm hoping that I can get back on track now that this is all behind me. I have a lot of places to go, people to see, and things to do in 2018. I'm ready to get going!

"I hate it when my dentist asks when the last time I flossed was. I'm like, dude, you don't remember? You were there. "

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that picture! I can SO relate!! Severe dentophobe (it's giving me the red squiggly line so maybe that's not a word?) here, feeling very fortunate to have found a great dentist recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A toothache is just about the worst pain! Hope it will soon be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are all finished with the root canal now and are feeling much better. Yuck! Sorry your year has started off so poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture does make me smile!
    I hope you are all better by now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.