10.23.2014

Assurance vs. Fear

If you know me, you know that I am a news junkie. My dream family room is a wall of TV screens with all of the major news channels showing at once and running 24/7/365. I am obsessed with politics, current events, and human interest stories. I know, it's a sickness!

Yesterday as I was glued to the screen watching the events unfold in Canada, my heart ached for the people of our neighboring country. I know that yesterday was the day that a "new normal" will begin for Canada, just like 9/11 was the beginning of a "new normal" for the USA.

At one point, as I watching the eye witness accounts, a song popped into my head. At first I thought what a strange thing to think of at a time like this. But then I realized that it was an affirmation of assurance in the face of fear.

I serve a Risen Savior,
He's in the world today.
I know that He is living
whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy,
I hear His voice of cheer.
And just the time I need Him,
He's always near.

He lives! He lives!
Christ Jesus lives today.
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives! He lives!
Salvation to impart.
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.

Praying today for Canada, indeed for the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.