Faith: I got a new Bible for Christmas! For the past few years I've wanted the NET Bible, but it is very hard to find. I did finally track it down on a website, but in the meantime I heard about the Our Daily Bread Devotional Bible on Bible Gateway. I told my mom about it and she gave it to me for Christmas. I am so thrilled to have it and plan to use it for my daily quiet time this year. I normally use a chronological Bible, but every three or four years I like to switch to something new for a year. Also, you'll notice, this Bible is purple, which is my favorite color! I can't wait to start reading it tomorrow.
Stitching: I have 14 projects kitted up for 2014. I also have six WIPs that I'd like to work on. I also have a list of about 10 other projects that I need to make. Too ambitious, you think?! Me too. I won't get them all done, but I'm hoping to accomplish more than I did in 2013.
Family: My little family of 13 is growing to 14 in 2014 and my entire family of 18 is growing to 20! Jessica and Adam are expecting a baby in June 2014. Dan and I are beyond thrilled to be welcoming another grandchild. My nephew Matt and his fiance, Shelby are planning a wedding this year, which will up our total to 20. As a child, I always dreamed up being a part of a large family and my dream has definitely come true!
One Word: I've been thinking about and praying about my One Word for 2014. And no matter what words Iconsider, it all comes back to one - Home. So my One Word for 2014 is Home and I hope that I will spend this year making our home a place that is welcoming, warm, cozy, friendly, and filled with love.
I have many dreams, wishes, and goals for 2014. Some of them will come to pass and some won't. But no matter what comes, I know that God has a plan for my life and my heart's desire is to follow His plan. I pray that you will have a safe, happy New Year's celebration and a blessed 2014.
Vicki, my dream as a child was to be a part of a large family one day and I hope my dream comes to be just as yours. May your 2014 be filled with all the things you hold dear and abundant blessings from above!
ReplyDeleteYour and my heart's desires are the same!! May God richly bless you all in this new year!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you in the new year. May your "home" be filled with love and laughter and a place to bless others.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the forthcoming Grandbaby! And a Wedding too! A very exciting year for your family.
ReplyDeleteHow often do you all manage to get together?
Congratulations on the new baby! I too like to switch bibles to perhaps glean new information.
ReplyDelete