Yeah, right.
We ended up NOT getting the keys until October 25. Three days later doesn't sound like much, but when you've taken days off according to your plan and now can't take anymore... well, it can become a big deal.
We ended up moving everything over into the garage, pulled up the carpet in the bedroom and office and set the furniture up on the concrete. Slowly but surely we've been working on it and now Dan is flooring the last room. We have no baseboards up. Every square inch of wall needs to be painted. I'm not even thinking yet about what to do with the ceilings.
So we're making progress and the most important thing is how comfortable we are in this home. My SIL commented to me at Thanksgiving that "it feels like you've lived here for years". Now, that's a positive, encouraging remark! Thank you, Kelly! I literally felt myself relax when she said it.
It will take time. But I can just picture how it's going to look and feel when we're done with the updating.
In the meantime, here's some "before" photos:
The "dining room"
The "living room"
The den
The den
Pantry
Kitchen
Breakfast nook
Kitchen/Nook
Family room
Hall to bedrooms
Half bath
Laundry room
Guest room
Office
Master bedroom
Wishing you every happiness in your lovely new home!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely new home. Enjoy taking time to settle in and make it your own,
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Vicki! What a gorgeous home you two have. And these are the before?! Wow!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a wonderful new home! Good luck with all the renovations you are doing. I hope you love it and are happy there.
ReplyDeletethe house looks very nice. I know you are replacing the flooring but geesh the master bedroom carpet looks terrible. Thank goodness you are changing it anyway. :)
ReplyDelete