8.21.2013

The Last Day, the First Day

Last Tuesday marked the end of Sunny and Thunder coming to Grammy Daycare together. When Sunny arrived that morning she announced "this is my last day to come to your house". Well, yes and no. She is so excited to be moving to her new pre-school and I'm excited, too. It was cute though as she left that night with Katie. As they were walking down my sidewalk to their truck I heard her say to Katie, "I really miss Grammy!" Aww...

Sunny and Grammy on her last day

Before heading off to pre-school, Sunny and I got to have a day together last Friday. We made a special day out of it: baking cookies, going to the library, out to lunch at Freddy's with Gramps, reading books, lots and lots of cuddling!

Sunday afternoon Katie dropped Thunder off for his first "only him" sleepover at our house. He was a little apprehensive at first and kept asking for "Sissy". But by bedtime he was reveling in his "alone-ness"! He did great overnight and we had a fun play day on Monday. When he came over on Tuesday, he didn't mention Sissy at all until it was time for us to go pick her up at pre-school. He was very happy to see her then!

Playing trains with Gramps


He is very deliberate in his play



When Thunder was down for his nap yesterday, I spotted Minnie Mouse either trying to escape into or out of the laundry room...




4 comments:

  1. So sweet! It is wonderful that you two are so very involved in their lives isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so cute! I'm glad the whole transition went well for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt you have helped provide Sunny with a great foundation. By the way, our family LOVES Freddy's too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.