8.27.2013

One Hundred Twenty Days...



When I opened my Christmas blog this morning I saw that there are 120 Days until Christmas. Yippee! I always strive to have a stress-free holiday season. I have a tried and true organization method that I use year after year. Some years I do better than others. This year I'm on track to be done with Christmas well before Thanksgiving. I have my shopping about 1/3 completed. Each gift I've purchased is wrapped and placed in storage until the day after Thanksgiving when I affix bows/ribbons.

I'm' thinking about my Christmas Card List. I think this may be the year that I bite the bullet and delete names from my list. I love to send Christmas cards, and I also enjoy receiving them. As I'm sure you know, less cards show up in my mail box each year. As I sit down to address my cards each year I think "should this be the year I pare down my list?" And each year I don't do it. I think it's time.

We may be moving into a new home in October, so I don't waste any time thinking about Christmas decor at this point. Until we get moved in and I decide the function of each room, I won't know how I'll decorate.

I have a list of goodies I'll be making this year.And I will definitely be pulling 11 angels off of an angel tree to purchase gifts for this year.

If you're on Pinterest, you've already seen the explosion of pins for the Autumn Holidays and Christmas. I get so inspired by some of the crafts, decor, and goodies I see on there!


So even though it's August 27, it's not too early to start thinking about Christmas, and making the best use of the next 120 days so you'll have a stress-free holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh so organized Vicki. I should be. When I feel better maybe. I pared down my list a few years ago. I felt bad, but well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.