8.07.2013

Tattoos, Greats, and a Rainy Day

In my quest to keep the summer fun, I decided to have Tattoo Day with the grandkids. I bought a book of girl tattoos and a book of boy tattoos by Melissa and Doug at Target. Tattoo Day was a great success. Thunder was a little dubious at first, but he did get into it. Sunny enjoyed choosing her tattoos, deciding exactly where to place them on her arms/legs, and supervising my application of the designs.








This week my folks came over to play one day. It was probably the best play date we've had so far. They played two rousing games of Hide 'n' Seek, read books, played with the wooden train set, played with the Kitty Cat dress up set, and did the Hokey-Pokey. Mom and Dad were probably exhausted when they left and the kids took a really good nap!






Yesterday it rained at my house. First time this summer we've had a slow soaking rain. Now you have to remember I live in the dessert. Rain is a relative term here. For most of you what we had yesterday would be considered sprinkles. But if the ENTIRE patio looks wet, it counts as rain. The best think about the rain is that the temps were held down. I told the kids they could play outside for the first time since early June. Sunny: "but it's raining!" Me: "that's OK, it's fun to play in the rain". They were tentative at first, but by the end of their play session Sunny declared "I love to play in the rain!"



Next week brings a big change to Grammy Daycare. It will be Sunny's last week to come regularly. She got into a pre-school program at one of the local high schools and will be starting school on August 19th. I am so thrilled for her. She really needs to go to school as she is extremely bright and needs more a more challenging learning environment than I provide. Plus, I'm really looking forward to having some one-on-one time with Thunder. We're going to work on colors, counting, animal names, singing, and potty training. My main goal is to teach him to sing "Jingle Bells" by Christmas. I will pick Sunny up two days a week and have her for an hour or so, and of course I'll have her on holidays. But this is the end of her toddler days and the beginning of her school days. My, it happened fast!

4 comments:

  1. Good for Sunny, it will be great!
    How fun that they played in the rain. We always thought that was a blast. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such fun! lol about the rain being unusual for the kids! I hope Sunny loves pre-school! You are such a good grandmother to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer seems to wrap up early there even though it's too hot to play outside. I gather that's why they could not play outside? Rain must have been quite welcome! We've had hardly any rain here this summer either. Just loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics.....everyone looks like they are enjoying their Summer vacation at Grammy's daycare!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.