6.01.2013

SSMT #11

I have spent a lot of time in prayer lately. More than usual. There is just so much to pray about or for these days. Praying for the health concerns of some people I know and many people I do not know. Praying for our country, seriously I could spend 24 hours a day on that alone. Praying for the victims of the storms this past few weeks. Praying for my family. My friends. My husband. My self. Praising God for all of His blessings, His provision, His mercy, His Son Jesus Christ and the gift of Salvation. There is always something to be prayed for or to be praised for. That's why this verse really stuck a nerve with me. I'm sure I've read it dozens of times, but for some reason it jumped off the page for me today. It's a description of how I want to be, of how I want others to know me. So I'm committing it to memory.

Romans 12:12 NIV
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

2 comments:

  1. THAT is a great memory verse. Prayer is so very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vicky. That is a verse I need to memorize. Prayer is truly the best gift we can give and receive. You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.